By accessing exhibithere.com, you agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms, then please do not access and/or use exhibithere.com. We may change these at any time, and we will do our utmost to inform you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of exhibithere.com after changes means that you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
EXHIBIT HERE EXHIBITIONS
- Exhibit Here’s Art Maze Exhibition is open to UK based Artists aged 18 years or over.
- There is no charge to enter work into Exhibit Here’s Art Maze Exhibition at Bargehouse and Artists only pay a £260 Exhibition Fee if selected. Exhibit Here Exhibition Fees vary depending on the cost of the venue hire, with each exhibition Exhibit Here charges the minimum fee possible to Artists who are selected, the fee is carefully calculated in order to ensure those costs are covered. The £260 Exhibition Fee contributes towards the following: Bargehouse hire fee, venue supervisor (required whilst installing and de-installing the exhibition), costs associated with the Private View, security guards (required during the Private View), exhibition posters, electricity, Public Liability Insurance, and the time spent organising and invigilating the event. The Exhibition Fee payment must be made online via bank transfer prior to artwork hanging. The Exhibition Fee in non-refundable.
- COVID-19: In the event Exhibit Here’s Art Maze Exhibition is cancelled (prior to commencing), due to a government-imposed lockdown or ban on mass gatherings/events, Exhibit Here will refund the Exhibition Fee in full to Artists.
- The £260 Exhibition Fee permits Artists to exhibit up to four artworks (depending on the size).
- Submissions are via email only and any images sent must be cropped JPEGS that are a maximum of 1MB in size and a high resolution (preferably 300DPI). Artists must also ensure all image files are given easily identifiable names, such as the Artist’s full name followed by the title of the artwork.
- Entries must be work completed by the entrants themselves and must be their own original work. The Artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artworks entered, or if work is copied from a photograph or an image that is not the Artist’s own, the Artist must have permission in writing from the copyright owner to use his or her work. Source material and proof of permission to use must be made available on request if necessary. Exhibit Here accepts no liability in the publication of unlawfully reproduced art.
- Artists are at liberty to sell their work, price at the Artist’s discretion.
- Entries will be considered and/or accepted on a rolling basis.
- Successful candidates will be notified within fourteen days of submitting work.
- Selected Artists will be required to complete and return an Exhibition Agreement.
- There is a 10% commission charge on the sale of artworks plus a 1.75% Zettle transaction fee. Payment is made on site via a Zettle Card Reader. The Artist will receive payment within thirty days following the close of the exhibition on 18 December 2023. Payment will be made via bank transfer. Exhibit Here will only release the work to the buyer at the end of the exhibition once full payment has been made (please include the 10% commission charge and the 1.75% Zettle transaction fee in the price of your artwork).
- Copyright will remain with the Artist. By entering Exhibit Here’s Art Maze Exhibition the Artist agrees to grant Exhibit Here the right to reproduce the artwork for any purpose in connection with the exhibition including publicity and marketing.
- The Artist is responsible for the transportation of all artworks to and from the exhibition. All artworks should be delivered ready to be installed.
- Artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back with the Artist’s name, title, contact number and email.
- The Artist must remove all bubble wrap and any other packaging upon delivery, as there is no storage space available at Bargehouse.
- The Artist must deliver and install their own work on 12 December 2023 between 12.30pm – 4.30pm.
- Artists will be allocated a space at Bargehouse in advance and will be responsible for installing their own artwork under Exhibit Here’s guidance. Artists are permitted to drill screws into the walls and any holes must be made good at the end of the exhibition. Artists must ensure they have enough people to help with the installation of their work, especially if they are exhibiting large or heavy pieces. The walls at Bargehouse are either brick or concrete and it is essential Artists bring the appropriate tools and equipment needed for installation, specifically screws and drills.
- Bargehouse require all electrical equipment to have a valid current PAT (Portable Appliance Tested) certification unless new and therefore holds a current makers guarantee (under 12 months). This includes any artwork which requires the use of electricity, cables, extension leads and installation equipment such as drills. If this applies, the Artist will be required to provide a copy of the PAT certificate or purchase receipt (if bought within the last 12 months) before 12 December 2023. If the drill is cordless and pre-charged a PAT certificate is not necessary.
- Sculptors must provide their own plinth/s.
- Video Artists must provide their own projector, speakers and a stand or plinth for the projector to be displayed on.
- Sound Artists must provide their own speakers.
- The Artist is responsible for creating the wall labels for their work. The labels must only include the following information: title of artwork, Artist name, medium and the price in pounds. All labels must be printed rather than handwritten. White tack is the only adhesive permitted by Bargehouse, which can be used to attach the labels to the walls and the Artist must provide this. Please note, Velcro, sticky fixings and double-sided tape are not permitted.
- Artists are permitted to display business cards. Please do not attach any business cards to the wall.
- Exhibit Here’s hire period expires on 18 December 2023. Artists must retrieve their work in person on 18 December 2023 between 10.30am – 1.30pm.
- Exhibit Here will not accept liability for any damage, loss, theft, fire, or vandalism to work. Insurance is the responsibility of the Artist and work is exhibited at the Artists expense and risk.
- By submitting and/or exhibiting artwork in Exhibit Here’s Art Maze Exhibition, the Artist agrees to be legally bound by these terms.