Total records: 3
BOOK THIS SPACE
- Location: Monochrome
Where: Monochrome, 8-10 Greatorex Street, London E1 5NF
Situated in Whitechapel, just a few minutes' walk from Whitechapel Gallery and Brick Lane, Monochrome is a large and versatile artist-led multi-use creative space. Fully equipped with a 32-track recording studio, sound, performance, film and photographic facilities.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
- Location: Menier Gallery
Exhibit Here's Hope Exhibition
Where: Menier Gallery, 51 Southwark Street, London SE1 1RU
When: 26 February - 2 March 2019
Private View: 26 February 2019, 6.00pm - 8.30pm CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Exhibit Here is pleased to announce that we are returning to the Menier Gallery for a sixth time. The Menier Gallery offers a dramatic space to view and exhibit works of contemporary art and design. The gallery is situated within the historic Menier Chocolate Factory, minutes from London Bridge, Borough Market and Tate Modern. The gallery is located in the heart of one of London's artistic hubs, and attracts many visitors, including art lovers, theatregoers, local residents and tourists.
The Menier Gallery is managed by the registered charity Paintings in Hospitals and all the money raised from the hire of the gallery supports the charity's work. By hiring the gallery Exhibit Here will be helping Paintings in Hospitals' mission to inspire better health and wellbeing through art.
The theme of the exhibition is 'Hope'. In our turbulent world art can provide a form of solace for many people, whether that's for the artist or the viewer. It allows us to release our inner thoughts and connect with others in a deep and meaningful way. Exhibit Here would like artists to consider who/what gives them hope, such as a person they have met or a place they have visited and/or what they are hopeful for. The theme can be interpreted in any way.
To coincide with the works on display, Exhibit Here would like artists to write one short paragraph (no more than 100 words) about their exhibited piece which conveys a positive message to connect with the viewer (please include this in your online submission). This will be displayed alongside each artwork.
If you would like the opportunity to showcase your work at the Menier Gallery simply register as an Exhibit Here artist (for free) here and upload your artwork.
Exhibit Here is looking for artworks in the following mediums:
Other essential information
- Canvas or framed wall based artworks (maximum size 100 x 100cm)
- Sculptural pieces (small and large)
- Small installations
Artwork for the windows: There are three window spaces available to hang artworks; if you would like the opportunity to have your work displayed in one of these spaces submit two artworks which are exactly the same size (essential requirement) and one of your works will face the street and the other inside the gallery.
Plinth sizes: The Menier Gallery are providing four plinths to use during the show. They measure approximately:
Please inform Exhibit Here if you are able to provide your own plinth.
- 103(h) x 41.9(w) x 41(d)cm
- 46(h) x 48.5(w) x 81.5(d)cm - can be turned upright to 81.5(h)cm
- 93(h) x 29(d) x 26(w)cm
- 120(h) x 23(w) x 23(d)cm
Large free standing sculptures: Please ensure your work will fit through the doors prior to making your submission. The doors measure approximately:
Artwork for the beam: Exhibit Here is looking for an artwork to drape over or hang from this ceiling beam (view photo 1, photo 2 and photo 3 for reference).
- Front door: 230(h) x 75(w)cm
- Side door entrance, Southwark Street (double door): 230(h) x 95(w)cm with a tight turn
To view more photos of Exhibit Here's previous exhibitions across London please click here.
To submit your work:
If your submission is successful you will be notified within seven days of submitting your work.
- Click Your Account and Log In
- Click 'My Art' in Your Account
- Click 'Upload New Artwork'
- Select the 'Exhibition Entries' Category (located at the bottom of the drop down box)
- Enter the title of your artwork
- Enter the following information into the 'Description' field of the submission form: medium, overall size in cm (please include the frame if applicable and clearly state the width/height), framed/unframed, price and one short paragraph (no more than 100 words) about your exhibited piece which conveys a positive message
- Select your image
- Enter the keywords associated with your work, for example 'painting' or 'sculpture'
- Click 'Upload'
- Your work will then appear in the 'Exhibition Entries' Category
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Exhibit Here's Hope Exhibition is open to UK Artists aged 18 years or over.
- There is no charge to enter work into Exhibit Here's Hope Exhibition at the Menier Gallery and Artists only pay £80 (per artwork) if selected. Exhibit Here Exhibition Fees vary depending on the cost of the venue hire and the length of the show, with each exhibition Exhibit Here charges the minimum fee possible to Artists who are selected, the fee is carefully calculated in order to ensure those costs are covered. The £80 Exhibition Fee (per artwork) contributes towards the following; Menier Gallery hire fee, costs associated with the Private View (wine, glasses and bar tender), exhibition posters, Public Liability Insurance and the time spent organising, installing and invigilating the event (Breakdown of fees: Approx. £13.33 per day). The Exhibition Fee payment must be made online via bank transfer prior to artwork hanging. The Exhibition Fee is non-refundable.
- Exhibit Here's Hope Exhibition is open to Exhibit Here Artists only. Artists must become a member to submit work via the Exhibit Here site. There is no charge to register.
- Entries will only be accepted as JPEGS online via our website from now until the closing date on 17 February 2019. Images must be cropped, at least 1MB in size and have a high resolution of 300DPI. Artists must ensure the file is given an easily identifiable name, such as full name followed by the title of the artwork.
- Entries must be work completed by the entrants themselves and must be their own original work. The Artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered, or if work is copied from a photograph or image that is not the Artist's own, the Artist must have permission in writing from the copyright owner to use his or her work. Source material and proof of permission to use must be made available on request if necessary. Exhibit Here accepts no liability in the publication of unlawfully reproduced art.
- Artists are at liberty to sell their work, price at the Artist's discretion.
- Exhibit Here can only accept canvas or framed wall based artworks (maximum size 100 x 100cm) and sculptural pieces which are large enough to be free standing or small enough to sit comfortably on a plinth. Small installations will also be considered.
- Entries may be submitted from now until the closing date on 17 February 2019. No entries will be considered after the closing date.
- Successful candidates will be notified within seven days of submitting work.
- Selected Artists will be required to complete and return an Exhibition Agreement.
- There is a 10% commission charge on the sale or artworks plus a 2.75% PayPal transaction fee. Payment is made onsite via a PayPal Here Chip and PIN Card Reader. The Artist will receive payment within thirty days following the close of the exhibition on 2 March 2019. Payment will be made via bank transfer. Exhibit Here will only release the work to the buyer at the end of the exhibition once full payment has been made (please include the 10% commission charge and the 2.75% PayPal transaction fee in the price of your artwork).
- Copyright will remain with the Artist. By entering Exhibit Here's Hope Exhibition the Artist agrees to grant Exhibit Here the right to reproduce the artwork for any purpose in connection with the exhibition including publicity and marketing.
- The Artist is responsible for the transportation of all artwork to and from the exhibition. Canvas and framed artworks should be delivered ready to be installed with the D-rings mounted to the back. The Menier Gallery uses discreet adjustable plastic wires with hooks that attach to D-rings to hang artworks.
- Artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back with the Artist's name, title, medium, size, price, contact number and email.
- The Artist must deliver work on 25 February 2019 between 10.30am - 11.30am. The Artist must remove all bubble wrap and any other packaging upon delivery, as there is no storage space available at the Menier Gallery.
- Exhibit Here will handle the installation of the exhibition.
- Artists are permitted to display business cards.
- The Artist must retrieve work on 2 March 2019 after the exhibition has closed, between 4.00pm - 5.00pm (please note Exhibit Here's hire period expires at 6.00pm).
- Disclaimer - due to its limited resources Exhibit Here are unable to enter into any correspondence with individual Artists, acknowledge entries, or accept original artwork unless requested.
- Exhibit Here will not accept liability for any damage, loss, theft, fire or vandalism to work. Insurance is the responsibility of the Artist and work is exhibited at the Artists expense and risk.
- By submitting and/or exhibiting artwork in Exhibit Here's Hope Exhibition, the Artist agrees to be legally bound by the above terms.
BOOK THIS SPACE
- Location: 100 Barrington
Where: 100 Barrington Road, London SW9 7JF
100 Barrington is a versatile events space situated in Brixton. Built in 1879 and starting life as a furniture factory, the building maintains the original brickwork, high ceilings with exposed beams and open floor plan.
The space is over 1500 sq ft making it the perfect venue for a variety of events including product launches, private parties, photo shoots, film shoots or for use as a gallery space.
100 Barrington is conveniently located a short walk from the overground and Brixton tube (Victoria line) making it easily accessible from central London.
Other essential information
Closest train station/s: Brixton tube and overground
Parking available: Yes - there is space for two cars (this would be an extra cost)
Price per day and daily hours: £750 + VAT per day (9am - 6pm) or £100 + VAT per hour (with a minimum 4 hour booking)
A 50% deposit will be taken to confirm bookings with the total due 2 weeks prior to the event.
Minimum number of days booked: Half day
Price per session: Alternative pricing structure for evening bookings
Damage Deposit required: No
Venue size: 1700 sq ft
Number of guests standing: 200
Number of guests sitting: 100
In house catering or approved caterers only: Approved caterers preferred
Allows external catering or buyout fee for external catering: Will consider external catering from non approved caterers but based on each event
Can provide alcohol or BYO alcohol permitted: Yes
Kitchen facilities: No
Audio equipment for music: No - but can arrange at extra cost if needed
Natural light: Yes
Storage space: Yes - space can be hired
Toilet: Yes - separate ladies and gents
Air-con: Not currently but we are installing
Heating: Not currently but we are installing - there are free standing heaters currently in the space
Disabled access: Yes
Ceiling mounted track lights: No
Security system: Yes
Venue welcomes: Art Exhibitions, Pop-Up Store, Photo Shoots, Film Shoots, Product Launches
Venue requirements: Guest list required for all events
Licences required: Venue is fully licenced
Total records: 3