Total records: 2
- Location: Menier Gallery
- Date: 07/25/2017
Invitation to Exhibit Here's 2017 Summer Exhibition Private View
PRIVATE VIEW: Tuesday 25th July 2017, 6pm - 8.30pm To RSVP, please click on the 'Contact Us' button above
Exhibit Here warmly invites you to attend the evening Private View of our 2017 Summer Exhibition held at the prestigious Menier Gallery, situated within the historic Menier Chocolate Factory. Please join us to view and buy original artworks and to enjoy a complimentary drink with the artists.
SELECTED ARTISTS: Shamaela Munir, Dawn Underwood, Huiping Yang, John Brooks, Charlie Chrobnik, Gemma Ramji, Cherish Marshall, Rebecca Pocahuntas Ceramics, Fernando Holguin Cereceres, Caroline O'Connor, Mary Osinibi, Clare Maria Wood, Jane Denman, Raffaele Coletta, Rachel Anderson, Agnieszka Trzoch, Giuseppe Vaccarella, Lesley Birch, Anji Main, Marcela Olivia Dorantes, Tashi Khan, Victoria Heald, Edward Bullinger, Christopher Dear, Trisha Moore de Sanchez, Vanya Marinova, Barbara Alloway, Lucy Marks, Jodie Walters, Helen Stone, Krina Amin, Maria Linares Freire, Louise Tomkinson, Peter Vaillant, Michael Zavialov, Natasha Zavialov, Anna Zavialova, Vassily Zavialov, Pat Hulin, Joshua James Law, Lee Miller, Larissa Bone, Michelle Lucking, Belinda Adams-Pearce (B's ART), Heba Rena Yassin, Alessandra Bettolo, Simon Richardson, Darren Floyd, Alison Stirling, Caroline Wong, Pat Harvey, Poppy Parry, Sarah Rose Smiley, Elephantman (Dominic Snow), Sheri Gee, Lisajane Braun, Russ D Hunter, Alan Yaffe, Ravi Menghani, Sara Von Hagens, John Maclean, Simon Fearnhamm, Jennifer Mills, Paloma Martinez, Nigel Swift and Leila Bibizadeh.
VENUE: Menier Gallery, 51 Southwark Street, London SE1 1RU
CLOSEST TUBE STATION: London Bridge
EXHIBITION OPENING TIMES:
25th - 29th July 2017
Tuesday - Friday 11am - 6pm
Saturday 11am - 4.30pm
Call for Entries
- Location: Menier Gallery
- Date: 07/25/2017
Exhibit Here's 2017 Summer Exhibition
Where: Menier Gallery, 51 Southwark Street, London SE1 1RU
When: 25th - 29th July 2017
Private View: 25th July 2017 6.00pm - 8.30pm CLICK HERE TO RSVP
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 16TH JULY 2017
Exhibit Here is pleased to announce that we are returning to the Menier Gallery for a fifth time. The Menier Gallery offers a dramatic space to view and exhibit works of contemporary art and design. The gallery is situated within the historic Menier Chocolate Factory, minutes from London Bridge, Borough Market and Tate Modern. The gallery is located at the heart of one of London's artistic hubs, and attracts many visitors, including art lovers, theatregoers, local residents and tourists.
The Menier Gallery is managed by the registered charity Paintings in Hospitals and all the money raised from the hire of the gallery supports the charity's work. By hiring the gallery Exhibit Here will be helping Paintings in Hospitals to use art and creativity to reduce sickness, anxiety and stress in UK healthcare facilities.
If you would like the opportunity to showcase your work at the Menier Gallery simply register as an Exhibit Here artist (for free) here and upload your artwork. There is no theme to the exhibition, it has been left open to encourage a diverse response, however if your work is vibrant, colourful, unique and embodies the essence of Summer this would be a bonus.
Exhibit Here is looking for artworks in the following mediums:
Other essential information
- Canvas or framed wall based artworks (maximum size 100 x 100cm)
- Sculptural pieces (small and large)
- Small Installations
Artwork for the windows: There are three window spaces available to hang artworks; if you would like the opportunity to have your work displayed in one of these spaces submit two artworks which are exactly the same size (essential requirement) and one of your works will face the street and the other inside the gallery.
Plinth sizes: The Menier Gallery are providing four plinths to use during the show. They measure approximately:
Please inform Exhibit Here if you are able to provide your own plinth.
- 103(h) x 41.9(w) x 41(d)cm
- 46(h) x 48.5(w) x 81.5(d)cm - can be turned upright to 81.5(h)cm
- 93(h) x 29(d) x 26(w)cm
- 120(h) x 23(w) x 23(d)cm
Large free standing sculptures: Please ensure your work will fit through the doors prior to making your submission. The doors measure approximately:
Artwork for the beam: Exhibit Here is looking for a colourful artwork to drape over or hang from the ceiling beam (please see above photo for reference).
- Front door: 230(h) x 75(w)cm
- Side door entrance, Southwark Street (double door): 230(h) x 95(w)cm with a tight turn
To view more photos of Exhibit Here's previous exhibitions across London please click here.
To submit your work:
If your submission is successful you will be notified within seven days of submitting your work.
- Click Your Account and Log In
- Click 'My Art' in Your Account
- Click 'Upload New Artwork'
- Select the 'Exhibition Entries' Category (located at the bottom of the drop down box)
- Enter the title of your artwork
- Enter the medium, overall size in cm (please clearly state the width/height), framed/unframed, price and one short sentence about your submitted artwork into the 'Description' field of the submission form
- Select your image
- Enter the keywords associated with your work, for example 'painting' or 'sculpture'
- Click 'Upload'
- Your work will then appear in the 'Exhibition Entries' Category
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Exhibit Here's Summer Exhibition is open to UK Artists aged 18 years or over.
- There is no charge to enter work into Exhibit Here's Summer Exhibition at the Menier Gallery and Artists only pay £70 (per artwork) if selected. Exhibit Here Exhibition Fees vary depending on the cost of the venue hire and the length of the show, with each exhibition Exhibit Here charges the minimum fee possible to Artists who are selected, the fee is carefully calculated in order to ensure those costs are covered. The £70 Exhibition Fee (per artwork) contributes towards the following; Menier Gallery hire fee, costs associated with the Private View (wine + delivery, glasses and bar tender), exhibition posters, Public Liability Insurance, PayPal fees and the time spent organising, installing and invigilating the event (Breakdown of fees: Approx. £11.66 per day). The Exhibition Fee payment must be made online via PayPal prior to artwork hanging. The Exhibition Fee is non-refundable.
- Exhibit Here's Summer Exhibition is open to Exhibit Here Artists only. Artists must become a member to submit work via the Exhibit Here site. There is no charge to register.
- Entries will only be accepted as JPEGS online via our website from now until the closing date on 16th July 2017. Images must be cropped, at least 1MB in size and have a high resolution of 300DPI. Artists must ensure the file is given an easily identifiable name, such as full name followed by the title of the artwork.
- Entries must be work completed by the entrants themselves and must be their own original work. The Artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered, or if work is copied from a photograph or image that is not the Artist's own, the Artist must have permission in writing from the copyright owner to use his or her work. Source material and proof of permission to use must be made available on request if necessary. Exhibit Here accepts no liability in the publication of unlawfully reproduced art.
- Artists are at liberty to sell their work, price at the Artist's discretion.
- Exhibit Here can only accept canvas or framed wall based artworks (maximum size 100 x 100cm) and sculptural pieces which are large enough to be free standing or small enough to sit comfortably on a plinth. Small installations will also be considered.
- Entries may be submitted from now until the closing date on 16th July 2017. No entries will be considered after the closing date.
- Successful candidates will be notified within seven days of submitting work.
- Selected Artists will be required to complete and return an Exhibition Agreement.
- There is a 10% commission charge on the sale of artworks plus a 2.75% PayPal transaction fee. Payment is made onsite via a PayPal Here Chip and PIN Card Reader. The Artist will receive payment within thirty days following the close of the exhibition on 29th July 2017. Payment will be made via bank transfer, cheque or PayPal. Exhibit Here will only release the work to the buyer at the end of the exhibition once full payment has been made (please include the 10% commission charge and the 2.75% PayPal transaction fee in the price of your artwork).
- Copyright will remain with the Artist. By entering Exhibit Here's Summer Exhibition the Artist agrees to grant Exhibit Here the right to reproduce the artwork for any purpose in connection with the exhibition including publicity and marketing.
- The Artist is responsible for the transportation of all artwork to and from the exhibition. Canvas and framed artworks should be delivered ready to be installed with D-rings mounted to the back. The Menier Gallery uses discreet adjustable plastic wires with hooks that attach to D-rings to hang artworks.
- Artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back with the Artist's name, title, medium, size, price, contact number and email.
- The Artist must deliver work on 24th July 2017 between 10.30am - 11.30am. The Artist must remove all bubble wrap and any other packaging upon delivery, as there is no storage space available at the Menier Gallery.
- Exhibit Here will handle the installation of the exhibition.
- Artists are permitted to display business cards.
- The Artist must retrieve work on 29th July 2017 after the exhibition has closed, between 4.30pm - 5.30pm (please note Exhibit Here's hire period expires at 6.00pm).
- Disclaimer - due to its limited resources Exhibit Here are unable to enter into any correspondence with individual Artists, acknowledge entries, or accept original artwork unless requested.
- Exhibit Here will not accept liability for any damage, loss, theft, fire or vandalism to work. Insurance is the responsibility of the Artist and work is exhibited at the Artists expense and risk.
- By submitting and/or exhibiting artwork in Exhibit Here's Summer Exhibition, the Artist agrees to be legally bound by the above terms.
Total records: 2